Skip to main content

Pumpkin Peanut Tomato Stew

Yes, you read that correctly!


I've got all this pumpkin I don't know what to do with and I'm trying to come up with yummy ways to eat it. The best way? Throw things in a pot together and hope it comes out great!

I love the combination of salsa and peanut butter, thanks to a college room mate, and I thought, what if I use pumpkin?

No, this doesn't actually use salsa, but it does use tomato paste and onions, so that's close.

Don't worry about being exact in measurements... I usually just eyeball it as I throw it into the pot.



Ingredients:
2 cups water
2 cups pumpkin chunks (bite sized, cooked, mine were baked)
6 tbsp pb2 (powdered peanut butter)
2 tbsp chunky peanut butter
3-4 tbsp tomato paste
2-3 green onion diced
1/2 vegetable bullion cube
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2-1 tsp sriracha (optional)

Directions:
You will be cooking in a large pot on medium heat. Place all ingredients in the pot in the listed order, reserving some green onion and the sriracha for the topping. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the stew thickens and the green onions have cooked thoroughly. The longer you cook it, the more infused the flavors will be. Serve in a bowl, drizzle the top with sriracha and garnish with raw green onion.

This can be served with rice, other grain, bread, or eaten on its own. I ate mine with rice cakes.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Two Towers Marathon

Day two of the marathon started early! I woke up two hours earlier than I normally do to get everything in the oven and on the stove. I put all the food for the entire day in the oven at the beginning... Don't do that! Wait until after the second movie is finished to put in the food for the third our it will dry out! I am a huge fan of Edoras/ Rohan/ Everything To Do With This Movie, so I was super excited to begin!  The Two Towers started off with salt... Not the best way to begin the day, but we soon washed it down with lembas! This was my favorite of the lembas recipes, but it got tough in the fridge and dry when toasted again. Make this the day you wish to eat it! The Orcish "medicine" we used was Hot Chocolate from @spiceandtea that I won in a giveaway in December... It was much better than whatever Merry drank! The iconic "meat's back on the menu, boys!" scene was filled with yummy foods! @noe...

Coconut Curry Rice

Coconut Curry Rice! Hello everyone! Long time no post, I know! It has been a super crazy fall and the year is startlingly almost over. I have a super crazy week coming up, and I'm currently under the weather, so I decided to do some cooking since I didn't want to go out in the rain. I had some coconut milk I needed to use in the fridge, I've been craving curry, and I needed to use up some things in the freezer, so I decided to meal prep for this week since I'm going to be super busy. This is the end result! Ingredients: 1 tbsp olive oil 1/2 large white onion 1 cup frozen peas 1 cup frozen corn 1 can bamboo shoots 1 package of extra firm tofu, diced 3 green onions 1 cup coconut milk 2 @edwardandsons curry cubes 2 cups dry basmati rice Garlic powder to taste Salt to taste Directions: I basically cooked the onions in olive oil, threw everything else into the pot with a bunch of water, brought it to a boil, then simmered for 20 minutes. Really super ea...

Fellowship Of The Ring Eat-athon

Fellowship Of The Ring Eat-athon, Part One! (We are pacing ourselves with small portions... It's the reason for the half apples or cupcakes!) We begin with a hobbit chomping into a cake! We started by eating half of a vanilla cranberry cupcake! And there's a number of times tea is made in the Hobbiton, so go ahead and make a whole pot (we drank this lovely Earl Grey blend from @adagioteas fandom blends) Bilbo Baggins turns 111! So we eat the other half of the cupcake! Merry eats an apple to look nonchalant while stealing fireworks with Pippin. After seeing some elves in the forest, Sam can't sleep on the hard ground and eats some bread in the middle of the night... My kind of hobbit! Then, as we make it to Bree, we see Peter Jackson take a huge bite out of a carrot... We had baby carrots😂 Pippin's infamous Second Breakfast scene gives us another opportunity to eat an apple! ...