Skip to main content

Pumpkin Everything!


So, you know how pumpkin-everything has become a "thing" now? Well, I had a pumpkin to make some recipes and I ended up using canned pumpkin instead... So what am I doing with all this pumpkin? Look down below for some ideas!

1. Pumpkin seeds!
You can put anything you want on pumpkin seeds, bake them in the oven, and they will taste amazing!

2. Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
 Recipe can be found at Two Peas and Their Pod
3. Pumpkin pasta
 Recipe can be found at Vegan Richa
4. Pumpkin chili ramen
Literally chili ramen with huge chunks of pumpkin (seasoned with garlic powder and Cavender's Greek seasoning )

5. Pumpkin mexicano wrap
Pumpkin,  Amy's Kitchen Sonoma veggie burger,  olives, and salsa verde
7. Pumpkin peanut tomato stew
(See previous post for recipe)
The first picture is the stew by itself. The second is served on rice cakes!




I hope you have enjoyed this post about everything pumpkin! I'll be updating it as the fall continues and I figure out other things I can do with pumpkin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Two Towers Marathon

Day two of the marathon started early! I woke up two hours earlier than I normally do to get everything in the oven and on the stove. I put all the food for the entire day in the oven at the beginning... Don't do that! Wait until after the second movie is finished to put in the food for the third our it will dry out! I am a huge fan of Edoras/ Rohan/ Everything To Do With This Movie, so I was super excited to begin!  The Two Towers started off with salt... Not the best way to begin the day, but we soon washed it down with lembas! This was my favorite of the lembas recipes, but it got tough in the fridge and dry when toasted again. Make this the day you wish to eat it! The Orcish "medicine" we used was Hot Chocolate from @spiceandtea that I won in a giveaway in December... It was much better than whatever Merry drank! The iconic "meat's back on the menu, boys!" scene was filled with yummy foods! @noe...

Coconut Curry Rice

Coconut Curry Rice! Hello everyone! Long time no post, I know! It has been a super crazy fall and the year is startlingly almost over. I have a super crazy week coming up, and I'm currently under the weather, so I decided to do some cooking since I didn't want to go out in the rain. I had some coconut milk I needed to use in the fridge, I've been craving curry, and I needed to use up some things in the freezer, so I decided to meal prep for this week since I'm going to be super busy. This is the end result! Ingredients: 1 tbsp olive oil 1/2 large white onion 1 cup frozen peas 1 cup frozen corn 1 can bamboo shoots 1 package of extra firm tofu, diced 3 green onions 1 cup coconut milk 2 @edwardandsons curry cubes 2 cups dry basmati rice Garlic powder to taste Salt to taste Directions: I basically cooked the onions in olive oil, threw everything else into the pot with a bunch of water, brought it to a boil, then simmered for 20 minutes. Really super ea...

Vegan Red Beans and Rice

This is my favorite local food. Since going vegan I don't eat it a lot, since I can't order it at restaurants because they are full of meat. It's actually really easy to make, and is super tasty. Everyone has their own family recipe, it seems, for red beans. You will find so many people using different ingredients to make them taste amazing. This is just my take on red beans and rice, New Orleans style, without the meat. Enjoy! Variation 1: the easy way Ingredients: 2 cans no salt added red kidney beans, drained 4 stalks celery, chopped 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped 1-2 tbsp olive oil 1 tsp garlic powder 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper 1/4 tsp onion powder 1 tap kosher salt flakes Directions: Throw everything in the pot except the beans and cook until soft. Add beans and a little water and cook until thoroughly heated. Take a hand blender and puree 1/2 the pot until smooth. Mix together and serve with rice. Variation 2: the long version Ingredients: 1 package ...