Skip to main content

An Evening of Sacred Song

As you may know by now, I love singing. After three years, and a whole bunch of planning and rehearsals, I'm finally giving a recital!
 
 
Come enjoy and evening of sacred song featuring Marjorie Polchow (Soprano),  George Vladimir Șerban (Violin), Carolyn Elizabeth D. Șerban (Soprano), Max Welch (Alto & Piano), Yana Obolenska Moran (Piano), Carolyn Parmenter (Soprano), and Benjie Branson (Organ). This concert will focus on the story of Jesus and the emotions evoked throughout the history of the church in various musical styles and reaching across centuries and oceans.
 
Selections included from Handel's Messiah,  "Laudamus Te" from Vivaldi's Gloria, "Pie Jesu" from Fauré's Requiem, "The Crucifixion" from Barber's Hermit Songs, "Deep River", "The Lord's Prayer", and much more!
 
Saturday November 4th at 4 o'clock at Christ Episcopal Church in Covington, Louisiana
 
I would love to see you there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shop My Pantry: Week Three

... and the last bit from week two! So my dad bought me veggie rolls at the store Saturday morning and I had to eat them before the avocado went brown... So another $5.99 added to last week. Food from Saturday night and Sunday  On Sunday my awesome friends Elizabeth and George took me to get Starbucks and treated me. It was really sweet that they did that, and I had so much fun hanging out with them in between church and choir practice. I did eat the last of the cheese noodles I had made last week and I froze the rest of the curry because I was getting sick of it. Monday's food Monday was a very long day with lots of running around from appointment to appointment to class to rehearsals. I ate some trail mix as snacks between things and some really yummy meals to keep me going. I added kale to my tomato sauce and some elbow macaroni... Such A great idea! Also, the breaded mushrooms from Dollar Tree? fantastic!!! Tuesday's food Tuesday was another day full of

Shop My Pantry: Day Two

Day two dawned cold and with a need for warmth! Breakfast was an Amy's Kitchen tofu scramble pocket with salsa. Lunch was pretty big today: two veggies patty sandwiches and sea salt kelttle chips.  Dinner was this epic tofu and veggies curry rice bowl... It was really easy to make... I just threw all the ingredients in the pot and cooked for 20 minutes. Super simple and yummy. And I have leftovers for later! Not pictured today: some vegan jerky and yogurt I had for snacks! Overall, this challenge is going pretty well. I think the first thing I'm going to run out of is tofu, but I can live with that. I'm counting this as a successful day!

Shop my Pantry: Day One

Happy New Year! Today I began my challenge to shop my pantry, a good way to use up things and not spend as much money. Breakfast today was oatmeal (which I hardly ever eat) mixed with cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar. I also had frozen blueberries and some orange juice. Apparently we have 4 bags of frozen blueberries in the freezer. Lol! Someone got excited when shopping once (hint, it was probably my mom). My pre-lunch snack was a delicious pear... I am a pear fanatic! Lunch was leftover fried rice from a few days ago and some spring rolls I picked up at the dollar store last week. They are actually really good... Much better than I was expecting. I ate them with sweet chili sauce I've had in the fridge forever. Snack was a little bag of vegan trail mix I made for Christmas. It's full of pretzels, mixed nuts, cereals, chocolate, and dried fruit. I still have about 10 of these to eat. Lol. Dinner was a bowl of black eyed peas and mustard greens