Skip to main content

Shop My Pantry: Week Four & Five

Aka: almost done and getting a little sick of looking at the same foods all the time

Sunday's food!
Sunday: my dad bought me spring rolls again, so that's another $5.99 spent from my budget. They were really delicious, and it was good to have some fresh veggies in my life. There was also food at church, but it was gumbo, Caesar salad, cheese cubes, and king cake... So I could only eat rice. It was kinda depressing because I was starving by 1:00. I think because of that I ended up eating way too many crackers (the whole box... Oops).

Monday & Tuesday
 I ate so much this week... I think I was getting sick of eating the same things over and over again...

Tuesday & Wednesday
 On Wednesday I stopped at Racetrack And bought myself a giant coke icee and two 50 oz bottles of water... I was nearly falling asleep driving and this was my way of staying awake: sugar, caffeine, and fluids.

Wednesday & Thursday & Friday 
 I tried some new jerky this week... The maple bacon is still one of my favorites!

Friday & Saturday & Sunday
 That avocado toast was the best thing I'd eaten in a lotng time! The white stuff is tofu and pesto sauce that I blended together and ate on rice cakes... Amazing!

Sunday & Monday
 On Sunday, after church, I went to dollar tree and bought some food ($9 worth of crackers, peanut butter filled pretzels, dried fruit, and chips). I also went to Zoe's Kitchen And Starbucks with my friends. I'm now officially over my budget for the month! Oops!

Tuesday foods 
I'm going to do a separate post tomorrow about my reflections on this challenge. For now, know that I'm not doing it again next month!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Two Towers Marathon

Day two of the marathon started early! I woke up two hours earlier than I normally do to get everything in the oven and on the stove. I put all the food for the entire day in the oven at the beginning... Don't do that! Wait until after the second movie is finished to put in the food for the third our it will dry out! I am a huge fan of Edoras/ Rohan/ Everything To Do With This Movie, so I was super excited to begin!  The Two Towers started off with salt... Not the best way to begin the day, but we soon washed it down with lembas! This was my favorite of the lembas recipes, but it got tough in the fridge and dry when toasted again. Make this the day you wish to eat it! The Orcish "medicine" we used was Hot Chocolate from @spiceandtea that I won in a giveaway in December... It was much better than whatever Merry drank! The iconic "meat's back on the menu, boys!" scene was filled with yummy foods! @noe...

Coconut Curry Rice

Coconut Curry Rice! Hello everyone! Long time no post, I know! It has been a super crazy fall and the year is startlingly almost over. I have a super crazy week coming up, and I'm currently under the weather, so I decided to do some cooking since I didn't want to go out in the rain. I had some coconut milk I needed to use in the fridge, I've been craving curry, and I needed to use up some things in the freezer, so I decided to meal prep for this week since I'm going to be super busy. This is the end result! Ingredients: 1 tbsp olive oil 1/2 large white onion 1 cup frozen peas 1 cup frozen corn 1 can bamboo shoots 1 package of extra firm tofu, diced 3 green onions 1 cup coconut milk 2 @edwardandsons curry cubes 2 cups dry basmati rice Garlic powder to taste Salt to taste Directions: I basically cooked the onions in olive oil, threw everything else into the pot with a bunch of water, brought it to a boil, then simmered for 20 minutes. Really super ea...

Fellowship Of The Ring Eat-athon

Fellowship Of The Ring Eat-athon, Part One! (We are pacing ourselves with small portions... It's the reason for the half apples or cupcakes!) We begin with a hobbit chomping into a cake! We started by eating half of a vanilla cranberry cupcake! And there's a number of times tea is made in the Hobbiton, so go ahead and make a whole pot (we drank this lovely Earl Grey blend from @adagioteas fandom blends) Bilbo Baggins turns 111! So we eat the other half of the cupcake! Merry eats an apple to look nonchalant while stealing fireworks with Pippin. After seeing some elves in the forest, Sam can't sleep on the hard ground and eats some bread in the middle of the night... My kind of hobbit! Then, as we make it to Bree, we see Peter Jackson take a huge bite out of a carrot... We had baby carrots😂 Pippin's infamous Second Breakfast scene gives us another opportunity to eat an apple! ...