Skip to main content

Shop My Pantry: Day Two

Day two dawned cold and with a need for warmth!

Breakfast was an Amy's Kitchen tofu scramble pocket with salsa.



Lunch was pretty big today: two veggies patty sandwiches and sea salt kelttle chips.



 Dinner was this epic tofu and veggies curry rice bowl... It was really easy to make... I just threw all the ingredients in the pot and cooked for 20 minutes. Super simple and yummy. And I have leftovers for later!



Not pictured today: some vegan jerky and yogurt I had for snacks!

Overall, this challenge is going pretty well. I think the first thing I'm going to run out of is tofu, but I can live with that. I'm counting this as a successful day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Two Towers Marathon

Day two of the marathon started early! I woke up two hours earlier than I normally do to get everything in the oven and on the stove. I put all the food for the entire day in the oven at the beginning... Don't do that! Wait until after the second movie is finished to put in the food for the third our it will dry out! I am a huge fan of Edoras/ Rohan/ Everything To Do With This Movie, so I was super excited to begin!  The Two Towers started off with salt... Not the best way to begin the day, but we soon washed it down with lembas! This was my favorite of the lembas recipes, but it got tough in the fridge and dry when toasted again. Make this the day you wish to eat it! The Orcish "medicine" we used was Hot Chocolate from @spiceandtea that I won in a giveaway in December... It was much better than whatever Merry drank! The iconic "meat's back on the menu, boys!" scene was filled with yummy foods! @noe...

Coconut Curry Rice

Coconut Curry Rice! Hello everyone! Long time no post, I know! It has been a super crazy fall and the year is startlingly almost over. I have a super crazy week coming up, and I'm currently under the weather, so I decided to do some cooking since I didn't want to go out in the rain. I had some coconut milk I needed to use in the fridge, I've been craving curry, and I needed to use up some things in the freezer, so I decided to meal prep for this week since I'm going to be super busy. This is the end result! Ingredients: 1 tbsp olive oil 1/2 large white onion 1 cup frozen peas 1 cup frozen corn 1 can bamboo shoots 1 package of extra firm tofu, diced 3 green onions 1 cup coconut milk 2 @edwardandsons curry cubes 2 cups dry basmati rice Garlic powder to taste Salt to taste Directions: I basically cooked the onions in olive oil, threw everything else into the pot with a bunch of water, brought it to a boil, then simmered for 20 minutes. Really super ea...

Tofu Chickpea Mash

I've been trying for ages to figure out a vegan substitute for egg salad/tuna salad/chicken salad, and nothing ever seems to taste how I want it. I have, however, discovered the wonderful world of tofu mash and chickpea mash sandwiches... And they are so fantastic! Yesterday I decided to combine the two and it tasted great! This would work well on a sandwich, on rice cakes (which is how I ate it), or as a dip (if you purée it instead of mashing with a fork or potato masher). Enjoy the recipe! Ingredients 1 block extra firm tofu, drained but not pressed 1 can low sodium chickpeas, drained 1/4 cup vegan mayo 2 tsp brown mustard 1 tsp Cavender's Greek Seasoning 1 tbsp dried dill weed 1/2 tsp onion powder 1/2 tsp garlic powder Salt and pepper to taste Directions: Throw everything into a large bowl and wash with a potato masher. If you want to make it a dip, throw it in a blender. This makes about four cups, so it will last you a while or be great to make finge...